The results of the largest functional brain imaging survey ever conducted suggest female brains are more active than male brains. Scientists surveyed the results of 46,034 brain imaging studies involving single-photon emission computed tomography, or SPECT, a type of 3D gamma ray imaging. SPECT can measure blood flow through the brain, identifying regions of heightened neurological activity. (August 7, 2017)
powered by the Center for BrainHealth team of scientists
Curiosity Can Influence Decisions
What if you had a choice between a fortune cookie dipped in chocolate and covered in sprinkles or a plain fortune cookie that contained a personalized fortune, which would you eat? A new study finds that feeling curious can help people make smarter, and even sometimes healthier, decisions.
Source: Medical Daily
Most Read Articles
- Medical Xpress: Cooling helmet, supplement show potential as concussion healers
- U.S. News & World Report: Givers really are happier than takers
- UPI: New brain region identified in spatial memory, navigation
- Business Insider: Scientists are testing out a device that could heal organs and brain injuries in seconds
- Medical Xpress: Does intracranial pressure monitoring improve outcomes in severe traumatic brain injury?
Sign up for our Newsletter
Click here to subscribe for the latest news on Brain Health via email newsletters.
Submit your content for publication on BrainHealthDaily.com