As any gamer will quickly point out, playing action-style video games improves motor skills. We’ve also heard that action gaming increases peoples’ ability to make right decisions faster, and that it improves the brain’s capacity to learn. Before you run off to your Xbox, however, you might want to take note of a new study which claims that sometimes, “gaming can do more harm than good.” (August 8, 2017)
powered by the Center for BrainHealth team of scientists
Take a Deep Breath
Did you know your brain has what scientists call a “breathing pacemaker” in your brainstem? This neural circuit can be adjusted by breathing rhythm, which in turn influences emotional reactions to stress. Centuries of wisdom instructs us to pay closer attention to our breathing, one of the most basic things we do each day. And yet, maybe because breathing is so basic, it is also easy to ignore.
Most Read Articles
- Medical News Today: How to boost your brain
- Fast Company: How to teach your brain something it won’t forget a week later
- Medical News Today: Your brain cell structure could influence obesity risk
- Newsmax: Mediterranean diet halves frailty risk in seniors
- TIME: Do this one simple thing to fall asleep faster
Sign up for our Newsletter
Click here to subscribe for the latest news on Brain Health via email newsletters.
Submit your content for publication on BrainHealthDaily.com