Researchers used MRI scans to uncover clear and visible differences in the brain structure related to cognitive and behavioral impairments in individuals with genetic autism. These results suggest that brain imaging could play a role in better identifying patients who are in most critical need of special interventions. (August 9, 2017)
powered by the Center for BrainHealth team of scientists
Heart Health Now Can Impact Brain Health Later
February marks American Heart Month, a great time to focus on the benefits of keeping your heart – and in turn other parts of your body – healthy. A study published in the journal Neurology found that people who take good care of their hearts younger in life have better brain health when they reach middle age.
Most Read Articles
- Science News for Students: Athletes’ head injuries can provoke surprisingly long-lasting harm
- Futurism: Brain-zapping pacemaker implant could be a new treatment for opioid addiction
- Medical Xpress: What are the health benefits of being creative?
- Science Daily: Increased stress on fathers leads to brain development changes in offspring
- Medical Xpress: Brain immune system is key to recovery from motor neuron degeneration
Sign up for our Newsletter
Click here to subscribe for the latest news on Brain Health via email newsletters.
Submit your content for publication on BrainHealthDaily.com