Older women who practice yoga may have greater “thickness” in areas of the brain involved in memory and attention, a small study suggests. Researchers found that even compared with other healthy, active women their age, yoga practitioners typically had greater cortical thickness in the brain’s left prefrontal cortex. (August 9, 2017)
powered by the Center for BrainHealth team of scientists
Curiosity Can Influence Decisions
What if you had a choice between a fortune cookie dipped in chocolate and covered in sprinkles or a plain fortune cookie that contained a personalized fortune, which would you eat? A new study finds that feeling curious can help people make smarter, and even sometimes healthier, decisions.
Source: Medical Daily
Most Read Articles
- Medical Xpress: Cooling helmet, supplement show potential as concussion healers
- U.S. News & World Report: Givers really are happier than takers
- Medical Xpress: Does intracranial pressure monitoring improve outcomes in severe traumatic brain injury?
- UPI: New brain region identified in spatial memory, navigation
- Business Insider: Scientists are testing out a device that could heal organs and brain injuries in seconds
Sign up for our Newsletter
Click here to subscribe for the latest news on Brain Health via email newsletters.
Submit your content for publication on BrainHealthDaily.com