Out with the cigarette pack, put a cigarette in the mouth and light up. That is a well-known action for a smoker and, at the same time, behavior which has a stronger connection to actual drug dependency than was previously believed, research at the Sahlgrenska Academy has revealed. (October 12, 2017)
powered by the Center for BrainHealth team of scientists
Brain Awareness Week: Strategies for Each Life Stage
Happy Brain Awareness Week! If you could peek inside your brain at every birthday, you would see that it is constantly changing. Brain cells develop and disappear, the connections between them strengthen and weaken over time, even the size of the brain can change as the years go by. But keeping the brain in peak condition is something we tend to think about only at the beginning of life, the end of life, and when something goes wrong.
Source: Neurology Now
Most Read Articles
- TIME: Does thinking burn calories? Here’s what the science says
- Medical News Today: Schizophrenia: ‘Resyncing’ brain circuits could halt symptoms
- Medical Xpress: What your cell phone camera tells you about your brain
- BBC: Bedside light tool could detect baby brain injury earlier
- Medical Xpress: Thinking beyond yourself can make you more open to healthy lifestyle choices
Sign up for our Newsletter
Click here to subscribe for the latest news on Brain Health via email newsletters.
Submit your content for publication on BrainHealthDaily.com