The promotion of active work stations, such as standing desks and even treadmills in the office has been promoted by manufacturers recently with claims of better physical health, improved posture, even reduced mental stress, and a general boost to wellbeing. A new study suggests that many of the proposed benefits and claims are little more than marketing hyperbole. (February 12, 2018)
powered by the Center for BrainHealth team of scientists
Brain Awareness Week: Strategies for Each Life Stage
Happy Brain Awareness Week! If you could peek inside your brain at every birthday, you would see that it is constantly changing. Brain cells develop and disappear, the connections between them strengthen and weaken over time, even the size of the brain can change as the years go by. But keeping the brain in peak condition is something we tend to think about only at the beginning of life, the end of life, and when something goes wrong.
Source: Neurology Now
Most Read Articles
- Los Angeles Time: Your aging brain: Is it ‘use it or lose it’?
- Medical Xpress: Researchers find the cause of and cure for brain injury associated with gut condition
- Healthline: Infections like flu, UTI can put you at higher risk for heart attack
- Medical News Today: Statins: Risk of side effects is low, say experts
- Medical Xpress: Neurons in the brain work as a team to guide movement of arms, hands
Sign up for our Newsletter
Click here to subscribe for the latest news on Brain Health via email newsletters.
Submit your content for publication on BrainHealthDaily.com