The ability of the brain to synchronize with the tone and intonation of speech influences how language is processed. This is the conclusion of a study by the Basque research center BCBL. The results could contribute to more effective activities to train the brain in order to avoid disorders such as dyslexia. (March 8, 2018)
powered by the Center for BrainHealth team of scientists
Brain Awareness Week: Strategies for Each Life Stage
Happy Brain Awareness Week! If you could peek inside your brain at every birthday, you would see that it is constantly changing. Brain cells develop and disappear, the connections between them strengthen and weaken over time, even the size of the brain can change as the years go by. But keeping the brain in peak condition is something we tend to think about only at the beginning of life, the end of life, and when something goes wrong.
Source: Neurology Now
Most Read Articles
- Chicago Tribune: How your brain chooses the people you desire
- Medical Xpress: Neurologists speak out about gender disparity at global stroke gathering
- News-Medical: Neuroscientists show how the brain responds to texture
- Futurity: Newlywed brains suggest altruism is hard-wired
- UPI: Pregnancy linked to risk of deadliest type of stroke
Sign up for our Newsletter
Click here to subscribe for the latest news on Brain Health via email newsletters.
Submit your content for publication on BrainHealthDaily.com