The ability of the brain to synchronize with the tone and intonation of speech influences how language is processed. This is the conclusion of a study by the Basque research center BCBL. The results could contribute to more effective activities to train the brain in order to avoid disorders such as dyslexia. (March 8, 2018)
powered by the Center for BrainHealth team of scientists
Brain Awareness Week: Strategies for Each Life Stage
Happy Brain Awareness Week! If you could peek inside your brain at every birthday, you would see that it is constantly changing. Brain cells develop and disappear, the connections between them strengthen and weaken over time, even the size of the brain can change as the years go by. But keeping the brain in peak condition is something we tend to think about only at the beginning of life, the end of life, and when something goes wrong.
Source: Neurology Now
Most Read Articles
- Science Daily: What separates the strong from weak among connections in the brain
- Reader’s Digest: 15 habits you never knew were aging your brain
- News-Medical: Study shows that no two people have the same brain anatomy
- Big Think: Harvard study: Heat slows down the brain by 13%
- Medical News Bulletin: Do mild concussions increase the risk of developing Parkinson’s disease?
Sign up for our Newsletter
Click here to subscribe for the latest news on Brain Health via email newsletters.
Submit your content for publication on BrainHealthDaily.com