The ability of the brain to synchronize with the tone and intonation of speech influences how language is processed. This is the conclusion of a study by the Basque research center BCBL. The results could contribute to more effective activities to train the brain in order to avoid disorders such as dyslexia. (March 8, 2018)
powered by the Center for BrainHealth team of scientists
Brain Awareness Week: Strategies for Each Life Stage
Happy Brain Awareness Week! If you could peek inside your brain at every birthday, you would see that it is constantly changing. Brain cells develop and disappear, the connections between them strengthen and weaken over time, even the size of the brain can change as the years go by. But keeping the brain in peak condition is something we tend to think about only at the beginning of life, the end of life, and when something goes wrong.
Source: Neurology Now
Most Read Articles
- Medical Xpress: It’s okay when you’re not okay: Study re-evaluates resilience in adults
- Phys.org: Study tracks inner workings of the brain with new biosensor
- News-Medical: Distinct origin of ADHD identified In children with history of traumatic brain injury
- Medical Xpress: Letting PTSD patients choose method of treatment improves their health, quality of life: new research
- Cardiovascular Business: Stroke patients have better chances of survival at teaching hospitals
Sign up for our Newsletter
Click here to subscribe for the latest news on Brain Health via email newsletters.
Submit your content for publication on BrainHealthDaily.com