Physical and mental exercise is not only beneficial for your own brain, but can also affect the learning ability of future offspring – at least in mice. This particular form of inheritance is mediated by certain RNA molecules that influence gene activity. These molecules accumulate in both the brain and germ cells following physical and mental activity. (April 10, 2018)
powered by the Center for BrainHealth team of scientists
Brain Awareness Week: Strategies for Each Life Stage
Happy Brain Awareness Week! If you could peek inside your brain at every birthday, you would see that it is constantly changing. Brain cells develop and disappear, the connections between them strengthen and weaken over time, even the size of the brain can change as the years go by. But keeping the brain in peak condition is something we tend to think about only at the beginning of life, the end of life, and when something goes wrong.
Source: Neurology Now
Most Read Articles
- Los Angeles Time: Your aging brain: Is it ‘use it or lose it’?
- Medical Xpress: Neurons in the brain work as a team to guide movement of arms, hands
- Healthline: Infections like flu, UTI can put you at higher risk for heart attack
- Medical News Today: Statins: Risk of side effects is low, say experts
- Medical Xpress: Researchers find the cause of and cure for brain injury associated with gut condition
Sign up for our Newsletter
Click here to subscribe for the latest news on Brain Health via email newsletters.
Submit your content for publication on BrainHealthDaily.com